Faces of Warsaw » Parks & Gardens » Saxon Garden » Saxon Garden (Ogród Saski) - Gallery of Sculptures

Saxon Garden (Ogród Saski) - Gallery of Sculptures

Sandstone statues of the Saxon Garden, a part of the rich collection of sculptures removed to St. Petersburg after recapturing the city by Marshal Suvorov in 1794. According to 1745 plan of the Saxon Garden there were 70 postuments in the Garden while in 1797 there were only 37 sculptures left. The sculptures were made before 1745 by anonymous Warsaw sculpturs under the direction of Johann Georg Plersch. Only 20 of them have been preserved until our times.  

 
 
 
 
       
   
Copyright © 2007-2017 JMC Designed by JMC. Powered by Contentia CMS